- All proposals will be referred to the appropriate specialist panel of the BRIF.
- The responsibility to ascertain this capability will rest with the appropriate specialist panel. Projects may be handled by more than one investigator in which case one of them shall act as the principal investigator.
- Based on the recommendations of the Panel, the proposals will be put up to President for decision.
- Projects will be sanctioned for the entire projected period along with the total estimated cost with the year- wise break down.
- Continuation of the projects beyond the original sanctioned period will be permitted only under exceptional circumstances.
- The grant may be revoked in whole or in part at any time by BRIF.